We can have lives full of so much depth, meaning, and connection with those who matter.
Imagine what your life could look like without the fears, doubts, and self-criticism keeping you down. We hold ourselves back because we fear not being enough. We let scarcity thinking drive our decisions instead of generosity. We speak more compassionately to others than ourselves. We try to please rather than speaking our truth, fearing we will be judged.
Worst of all…..we hold back from living a life we imagined and opening ourselves to those we care about because we’re afraid we will fail.
It doesn’t have to be that way. We can learn to break free of those old patterns of negativity and fear.
Dr. Brené Brown, world leading researcher into vulnerability and courage, outlines the process in The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™. Her TED talks (The Power of Vulnerability and Listening to Shame) have been viewed by over 27 million people.
My Living BRAVE retreats bring her groundbreaking research and processes of change to you in a practical, hands-on, and community supported way. Now you can LIVE BRAVE in your own life.
Being VULNERABLE means...
Being BRAVE means...
Experiencing LESS SCARCITY means...
CHOOSE COURAGE means...
If so, Living Brave will show you how in a warm, step-by-step, and understanding experience of change and transformation.
Through a series of video demonstrations, activities and discussion we will share our stories with one another and discover the values that can light the way to move into a life of purpose and fulfillment.
Living Brave Programs
Our upcoming public workshops. Also available for private events and corporate events.
In The Daring Way™ You Will:
- Learn tools and develop practices that enable you to let go of fear, judgment and shame
- Develop a plan to move forward into a life that is rooted in courage and a commitment to your deepest values and beliefs
- Discover how the four major myths of vulnerability keep us from the courage and connection we desire
- The way to finally feel “I am enough” by resolving feelings of fear, shame, and scarcity
- How our self-worth is tied to our willingness to show up in our lives
- The four elements of shame resilience and how to use them to build up your own resilience and courage
- Identify the values you hold most sacred and how to practice those values in the face of struggle, pressure, and when others are testing your boundaries
- Transforming the way we live, love, parent and lead through heart-felt vulnerability
Rising Strong™ Will Teach You:
- A process for rising after failure, disappointment, and loss and helps us see that it is exactly in those places of struggle that we can rise strong.
- The physics of vulnerability – ten guidelines for rising after a fall
- The power of story in our lives and how stories drive our emotions, thoughts, and behaviors
- The major emotional offloading strategies and how they move us away from our values
- How and why emotional curiosity is the key to rising strong
- How to recognize and capture the stories we make up when faced with struggle
- What it means to rumble with emotions like shame, guilt, anxiety, blame, accountability, resentment, grief, forgiveness, and perfectionism.
- How to write our own daring endings to our tough stories
“As I look back on what I’ve learned about shame, gender, and worthiness, the greatest lesson is this: If we’re going to find our way out of shame and back to each other, vulnerability is the path and courage is the light. To set down those lists of what we’re supposed to be is brave. To love ourselves and support each other in the process of becoming real is perhaps the greatest single act of daring greatly.”
― Brené Brown, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
JOIN ME IN A PROCESS OF BECOMING REAL WITH EACH OTHER- IT IS A JOURNEY WORTH TAKING…..
WITH A VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Cynthia Benge, MSW-LMHC As a veteran therapist with over 25 years experience, I am committed to helping clients free themselves from the paralyzing affects of shame and the limiting beliefs that hold them back. A professional communicator with a genuine warmth and ability to make authentic connections, I create a safe container for people to be vulnerable enough to explore their own truths.
Upcoming Public Programs